Report an accessibility problem

Foreign Workers and Visitors

Foreign workers and visitors

H-1B temporary worker requests and I-129 certification

ORIA processes  I-129 “Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker forms, which we use as part of the H-1B/O-1 temporary worker application process. All H-1B and O-1 requests received by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must include an I-129, regardless of discipline.

To submit an I-129, e-mail the following materials to

ORIA will then process and return the form to the department (typically within ten (10) business days).

For more information on the I-129 requirements, visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.

Visitors and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) controlled projects

Form:  ITAR Visit Request

You should complete this form for visitors that need access to an ITAR controlled project at ASU. The form is completed by the Facilities Security Officer of the organization that the visitor represents. All visitors on ITAR projects must be U.S. persons as defined by the regulations.

Additionally, ASU personnel may be asked to complete a similar type form to visit a government or industry site. Upon receipt of one of these forms from a sponsor, contact us for guidance.