Code of business conduct and ethics
Arizona State University (ASU) is dedicated to ensuring that all of its faculty, staff and students maintain the highest level of ethical conduct. All employees are responsible for complying with university, Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) policies, federal law and state statutes. ASU is obligated to follow certain regulatory and policy requirements and, in some circumstances, implement specific programs. Specifically, ABOR policies 5-301 and 5-303 define the conduct expected and the consequences of noncompliance.
The Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development (OKED), in partnership with other administrative units, has developed the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Program, which describes policies governing the ethical conduct expected of all ASU employees. The program includes the ASU Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Manual which summarizes the various policies and departmental function areas that oversee the ethical conduct policies that are to be followed. The program also includes a training curriculum, provided through Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), as an online training resource.
The Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Program training is available to individuals interested in the ethical conduct policies and procedures.
Individuals from units involved with federal contracting above $5 million dollars are required to take the training.
The ASU units involved include:
- Office of Research Integrity and Assurance
- Research Operations
- Financial Services
- Office of Human Resources
- Purchasing and Business Services
The training program has two components:
- Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Manual
- online CITI training designed specifically by ASU, including a brief comprehension test
Once you have completed the online training, a record of completion will be generated and retained to document compliance.
Instructions on how to complete the code of business conduct and ethics training
To take the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Training:
- Go to the CITI Program website at www.citiprogram.org
- Select “Log In”
- Select “LOG IN THROUGH MY INSTITUTION”
- Select "Arizona State University" under the list of organization names
- Enter your ASURITE User ID and password
- After logging in, select “I don’t have a CITI Program account” unless you already have a CITI account or had a CITI account through another institution
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Select After logging in, roll out the “Arizona State University Courses” tab
- If the course is not listed, select “Add a Course”
- Scroll down to Question 3 – Code of Ethical Business Conduct and select “yes” and then “Submit”
- Select “Main Menu” and then “Arizona State University Courses”
- The Code of Ethical Business Conduct Training should now appear in your course list
- Click on the course to access the training