Conflicts of interest: training information
Under the Public Health Service (PHS) regulations, conflict of interest training is required:
- prior to engaging in PHS-funded research and
- at least every four (4) years thereafter while engaged in PHS-funded research. This requirement also applies to research funded by sponsors who have adopted the PHS regulations
Training is also required in the following circumstances:
- there is a change in conflict of interest policy that affects researcher responsibilities
- an investigator is new to the institution .
- the institution determines the investigator is not compliant with the financial conflict of interest policy
- the institution determines the investigator is not compliant with a conflict of interest management plan
This requirement also applies to research funded by sponsors who have adopted the PHS conflict of interest regulations.
To complete the training, click “Access COI Training” on the left side of this page and "sign in” using your ASURITE ID and password in the upper right corner of the page. The system will automatically record your completion for our records.